Yahoo has revamped its homepage. It is now very friendly with mobile devices. For the desktop mode, it looks cleaner and modern. However, in my opinion, I think the ads are distraction. As for mobile version, I actually like it. Check out the features in the video and on the Press Release.
Check out the video.
A refreshing new experience to power your daily habits
Singapore, February 25, 2014 – Yahoo Singapore unveiled a brand new Homepage delivering a beautiful, modern, intuitive and personal experience, available across smart phones, tablets and PCs. The new Yahoo Homepage, launched in 6 countries includingSingapore,Malaysia,Indonesia,Philippines,Vietnam andIndia, makes it easier for the user to discover all the content they care about – right here on one page from any device of their choice.
You can now experience a more welcoming Yahoo homepage with simpler navigation and browse top stories, check your email, keep a tab on your stocks, post pictures, check the weather or even find out what the stars have in store for you.
Enjoy a virtually endless stream of content, which you can browse at your convenience and choose to read, save-for-later or delete from your view – making the whole experience personal. You can directly access the Weather forecast, your Flickr photos, stocks you follow on Yahoo Finance, and astrological forecasts for the day from utility apps hosted on the Homepage itself.
Here’s what’s new:
- Easy-to-use with a modern and intuitive experience
- A cleaner design that’s easy to navigate
- More information in less space (surfacing headlines and summaries in an easy to read snapshot)
- Ease of use with the familiar search box, quick links to Yahoo properties and the ever popular Today Module in a larger view
- Fresh, infinite stream of content offering most popular stories
- An a virtually endless stream of content across news, sports, celebrity stories, entertainment and lifestyle
- Personalized view \of your content stream and utility apps
- The stream of news also offers you choice – whether to read, ‘save for later’ or delete the story from your view making the experience more personal
- New utility apps including Yahoo Weather, Finance, Flickr that’s available right on the homepage can be customized according to user preference
- Facebook integration allows you to see your friends’ upcoming birthdays , on the Homepage itself
- Fast & Available across devices
- Find all that you are interested in – news, mail, sports, photos, friends – right on one single page and save your time!
- Seamless experience across desktop, tablets and smart phones giving you the choice to continue enjoying Yahoo from anywhere
To get a quick demo on the new features go to: http://sg.news.yahoo.com
Yahoo is focused on making the world’s daily habits inspiring and entertaining. By creating highly personalized experiences for our users, we keep people connected to what matters most to them, across devices and around the world. In turn, we create value for advertisers by connecting them with the audiences that build their businesses. Yahoo is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, and has offices located throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific (APAC) and the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) regions. For more information, visit the pressroom (pressroom.yahoo.net) or the Company’s blog (yahoo.tumblr.com).