The LG Optimus G is officially launched today at Jubilee Hall, Gardens By The Bay. It will be in Singapore from 2nd February 2013. Currently, all three Telcos are running Pre-Orders for this LG Optimus G. Based on the information from LG during the launch, the RRP for this smartphone is S$798 (I cannot find this information in the Press Release).
Here is the video introducing LG Optimus G
And here is the Specs.
- CPU: Quad Core 1.5Ghz
- Form Factor: DOP
- 2G: GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
- 3G: DC-HSPA + 42Mbps 900/2100
- LTE: 1800/2600
- Dimension( L x W x D)mm: 131.9 x 68.9 x 8.45
- Weight: 145g
- Operating System: Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2/Optimus 3.0
- Type: True HD IPS + LCD
- Size: 4.7”
- Resolution: WXGA (1280 x 768)
- Type/Handwriting: In-cell touch sensor G2 LCD with multi touch/ Yes
- Main/Front/Flash: 13MP AF/1.3MP/LED
- Capacity/Type: 2,100mAh/Li-Polymer
- Audio Codec: MP3/AAC/AAC+/eAAC+/AMR-NB/WAV/WMA
- Video Codec: MPEG4/H.263/H.264
- Audio Jack: 3.5mm
- Bluetooth: 4.0 BLE
- USB: 2.0 HS
- Wi-Fi: 802.11A/B/G/N (Dual band)
- GPS: A-GPS & GLONASS support
- HDMI: MHL
- NFC: Yes (Android Beam)
- Internal RAM/Internal ROM: 2GB LP DDR2/32GB eMMC
- DLNA: Yes
- Wi-Fi Direct: Yes
The Highly Anticipated Optimus G has Landed in Singapore
Discover Unparalleled Smartphone Experience with LG’s New LTE Powerhouse
SINGAPORE, 31st January 2013 – The LG Optimus G, the premium flagship smartphone that has been making waves in Korea, Japan, United States and Canada, has finally arrived in Singapore. Touted as one of its most feature-rich smartphone, the LG Optimus G was recently lauded with a Korea Electronic Show (KES) Innovation Award for its Zerogap Touch Technology. This improves the durability and clarity of the display by eliminating air gaps found in other touchscreens. In design, the Optimus G is awarded the iF Product Design Award 2013.
The newly launched smartphone offers LG’s unique User Experience (UX), supported by industry-leading performance hardware, and encased in a sleek design with signature Crystal Reflection finish.
The LG Optimus G packs a powerful quad-core CPU, Snapdragon™ S4 Pro processor, together with LTE capabilities and 2GB of RAM, makes its Android Jelly Bean operating system zippy and responsive. This means that the device will be able to deliver blazing fast data transfer speeds using today’s 4G LTE telecommunication network.
The robust LTE powerhouse also brings the best technologies in the industry in its frame. State-of-the-art display technologies including the Zerogap Touch and True HD IPS Plus Display from LG Innotek and LG Display harmonise to offer one of the slimmest, sharpest and clearest viewing experiences yet.
The new high density battery from LG Chem has a longer life of 800 charge cycles, a significant improvement over existing mobile phone batteries. An ultra high-resolution, compact 13MP camera is employed in the Optimus G to offer the sharpest photos without pixelation – even when creating extra-large prints.
“LG has a history for creating designs that push the envelope, from the early days of the Chocolate to the more recent Prada mobile phone,” said Mr Scott Jung, Managing Director, LG Electronics Singapore. “With the Optimus G, LG is breaking new ground in the smartphone category again. Its unsurpassed User Experience, state of the art hardware and patented Crystal Reflection design will allow consumers to discover an unparalleled experience in the way they interact with our mobile devices, whether at work, at play or at home.”
“The LG Optimus G represents a dramatic change in the way we approach the design and manufacture of our mobile communication products. This is clearly demonstrated by the awards and accolades the Optimus G has received since its global launch late last year, including the Innovation Award at the Korea Electronic Show, the Design and Engineering Award at CES Innovations 2013, and the iF Product Design Awards 2013.” continued Mr. Jung.
Some of the UX features that will be included into the Optimus G to showcase its multi-tasking capabilities and performance are:
- QSlide Function that can overlay two different screens simultaneously on one display, allowing users to do two things at once, such as send a text message or search the web while also watching a video;
- Live Zooming enhances the video-watching experience as users can zoom in up to five times while the video is being played so you’ll never miss another detail;
- Dual Screen Dual Play enables mirroring of displays between the smartphone and a TV, and also has the ability to display different content on each screen wirelessly. For example, a slide presentation can be displayed on the TV while the Optimus G shows the accompanying speaking notes;
- QuickMemo allows users to write, draw, or jot a memo with their finger directly on the captured screen for sharing instantly with others as an attachment or a URL. The QuickMemo can also be used as an overlay feature – like jotting down a number using the QuickMemo and directly dialling the number while the number is on the top layer;
In addition, smart and fun camera features in Optimus G will allow for capturing and seizing those special moments in our lives. Utilising a camera resolution of 13MP, users will have the opportunity to capture their favourite scenes with:
- Smart Shutter senses camera vibration or the movement of the subject and automatically adjust the shutter speed for the best shot;
- Time Catch Shot enables the user to choose the best among various shots taken before the shutter button is pressed;
- Cheese Shutter takes photos easily with voice activation command just by saying cheese, kimchi, smile or even LG;
- Low Light Shot Noise Reduction employs a light monitoring system and activates when the camera is used in a low-light situation for the least amount of noise.
The LG Optimus G inherits the company’s unique and creative design DNA with its elegant signature devices. For the Optimus G’s unique look, LG developed and patented Crystal Reflection finish, which is applied to the back of the Optimus G for a luxurious look and feel. Crystal Reflection displays different patterns when viewed under different angles and lighting, while its intricate polarised pattern provides the phone with a touch of sophistication, reminiscent of a finely-cut jewel.
The Optimus G represents a marked change in LG’s approach to the design and engineering of its mobile offerings – a change for the better, bringing the best-of-breed technologies together in a spectacular new design. To affirm this, LG will be embarking on a “Change for Good” campaign, which aims to encourage and empower Singaporeans to embrace positive changes in their lives through a series of inspirational activities and workshops. A microsite, www.changeforgood.sg, is available for Singaporeans to make their pledges and connect with one another through the various social media platforms such as Twitter Instagram and Google+.A common hashtag (#ChangeForGood) allows users to view and add to the campaign’s movement, making it a socially immersive campaign.
“With the ‘Change for Good’ campaign, we hope that consumers can actively participate and share their voice in creating positive change in their lives, and we are proud to be offering a vehicle for them to do so” added Mr Jung.
LG Optimus G will be available in Singapore from 2nd February 2013 at Starhub, M1 and Singtel stores. Pre-order is also available via Starhub and M1.
For more information about LG Optimus G, please visit www.lg.com.sg
For more information about LG’s “Change for Good” campaign, please visit www.changeforgood.sg.