Canon has just launched a new mobile printing app that supports various models of printers from them. With this app, user is able to print photographs, web pages, images, PDF files, and Document files. Currently it is available for iOS devices.
BTW, both printer and devices must be connected to the same Wireless LAN access point (not through Internet). Not sure if they are going to launch an Android version or not. Here are some of the features of the app.
- Quickly and easily set paper sizes.
- Print up to 20 photographs at one time.
- Start the camera and print a photograph you have just taken.
- Display and print web pages.
- Link to a wide variety of applications and print files.
- Configure detailed print settings such as color mode, number of pages, and 2-sided printing.
- Automatically detect printers on a network, or search manually by specifying the IP address.
- Store print data in multi-function printers and printers (not supported by all printers).
- imageRUNNER ADVANCE series
- Color imageRUNNER series
- imageRUNNER series
- Color imageCLASS series
- imageCLASS series
- i-SENSYS series
- LBP series
- Satera series
- Laser Shot series
*Some printer models do not support Canon Mobile Printing. Check the list of supported printer models on the Canon Mobile Printing support page of the Canon website.
- Your iPhone or iPad must be connected to a wireless LAN access point.
- Your multi-function printer or printer must be connected to the same network as your iPhone or iPad.
- Web pages
- Image files
- PDF files
- Document files