HP announces a number of products. I like the ElitePad 900. In this post, you can check out two of them. They are the HP Envy x2 and the HP Envy TouchSmart Ultrabook 4. The one that I am very interested is the HP Envy x2 which is a notebook that doubles as a tablet. Both models will be available from late 2012. No pricing for HP Envy x2 yet. The pricing for HP Envy TouchSmart Ultrabook 4 starts from S$1,399.
HP Envy x2
Here is a picture of HP Envy TouchSmart Ultrabook 4.
Check out the Press Release for more details.
HP Unveils Innovative Multitouch Hybrid PC and Ultrabook™
SINGAPORE, Aug. 30, 2012 — HP today announced two consumer notebooks featuring multitouch displays, including a uniquely designed hybrid PC that gives people more choice in how they access information.
The HP ENVY x2 is a powerful and ultrathin hybrid PC with the advantages of two devices in one. As a notebook that doubles as a tablet, the HP ENVY x2 has a detachable screen that becomes a full tablet when separated from the keyboard via a seamless magnetic latch. Customers no longer have to choose between a product that lets them create rich content and another that lets them enjoy entertainment on the go—they can have both in one device.
The HP ENVY TouchSmart Ultrabook™ 4 brings the intuitive power of touch to ultramobile PCs.
“Consumers want the flexibility to move between creating rich documents and losing themselves in a great movie,” said Christoph Schell, COO & Vice President, PPS APJ Personal Systems Category, HP. “With the HP ENVY x2, customers can have it all, and the touch experience on these two new notebooks brings out the best of Windows 8.”
These notebook PCs are the first HP products announced with Microsoft® Windows® 8; additional notebooks, desktops and tablets will be announced later in 2012.
HP ENVY x2 – the right device for the right time, every time
The HP ENVY x2 solves the “Do I bring my notebook or tablet?” dilemma. Consumers get the power of a notebook and the freedom of a tablet in one stylish, lightweight device.
Featuring a sleek aluminum finish and an innovative hinge with magnets that smoothly guide the tablet into place, the HP ENVY x2 weighs 1.41-kilos(1). When separated, the tablet portion weighs just 0.71-kilos.
Customers can interact directly with the optimized Windows 8 touch interface on the HP ENVY x2’s vivid 11.6-inch diagonal HD(2) touch display. Ultrawide viewing angles and a bright, 400-nit, In-Plane Switching (IPS) panel provide a superb visual experience indoors and outdoors, while an HD webcam on the front and an 8-megapixel camera on the back capture high-quality photos and video.
The HP ENVY x2 also features Beats AudioTM for the best-sounding, richest audio experience available on a PC. An optional stylus offers added creativity, giving customers the freedom to write, draw and navigate with added accuracy.
The HP ENVY x2 also makes sharing and staying connected with friends and family a breeze. The HP ENVY x2 uses solid-state memory designed for improved reliability and faster startup times. Near Field Communication (NFC) technology lets users share content, including photos, contacts and URLs, with a simple tap.
HP ENVY TouchSmart Ultrabook™ 4 – the power of touch
Featuring an eye-catching metal design, the HP ENVY TouchSmart Ultrabook™ 4 offers a 14-inch diagonal multitouch HD(2) display, measures 23 mm thin and weighs 2.16-kilos(1).
Up to 8 hours of battery life(3) and a booming subwoofer with Beats Audio™ allow customers to power through their day.
The HP ENVY TouchSmart Ultrabook™ 4 delivers powerful performance with the latest Intel processors and solid-state drive options with Intel Rapid Start(4), Intel Identity Protection Technology(5), Intel Anti-Theft Technology,(6) Intel Smart Response(7) and Intel Smart Connect(8) technologies. HP innovations such as HP CoolSense, HP Imagepad, HP ProtectSmart and HP TrueVision HD Webcam are also included.
Pricing and availability
- The HP ENVY x2 is expected to be available in Singapore from late 2012 and pricing is to be advised.
- The HP ENVY TouchSmart Ultrabook™ 4 starts at S$1,399 and is expected to be available in Singapore from late 2012.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Actual weight will vary by configuration.
(2) High-definition content is required for high-definition images.
(3) Battery life will vary depending on the product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. See MobileMark07 battery benchmark www.bapco.com /products/mobilemark2007/index.php for additional details
(4) Requires a 2nd generation Intel® Core processor, Intel software and BIOS update, and Intel Solid State Drive (SSD) or mSATA cache module + HDD. Depending on system configuration, results may vary.
(5) Intel® IPT security requires a separate Symantec VIP software service subscription and must be activated and configured. Requires a website that uses Symantec VIP Authentication Service, Microsoft Windows and a system with 3rd generation Intel® Core™ vPro™ processors or any
Page 3 of 3
Ultrabook. Intel® and HP assume no liability for lost or stolen data and/or systems or any other damages resulting therefrom.
(6) Available on select models with select Intel processors. First 12 months Absolute Data Protect service included; subscription required for service afterward.
(7) Requires a 2nd generation Intel® Core processor, enabled chipset, Intel Rapid Storage technology software, and a properly configured hybrid drive (HDD + small SSD). Intel Smart Response Technology is sold as an optional feature and is available only on 2012 HP Workstations, HP EliteBooks and HP Ultrabooks. Depending on system configuration, your results may vary.
(8) Internet access required and not included.