This is something that you should note. Not sure when, Facebook has started to show your Facebook email on the profile page. For my account, the email is only visible to me. However, if you wish to hide it, here is some simple instruction.
Here are the steps (see the above picture for reference):
- Go to your Timeline profile.
- Under your name, there should be a “about” option. Click on it.
- Check your “contact info”. It should have the Facebook email.
- Click on “Edit” and you should see your email and also the Facebook email.
- There are options to let you allow who to see the email. And next to it (slightly below), you should choose the circle with a strike across to denote that you do not wish it to appear on your Timeline.
- Save this option.
That is it! Here is an explanation I copied from Gizmodo.
A Facebook spokesperson provided the following non-explanation to Reuters:
As we announced back in April, we’ve been updating addresses on Facebook to make them consistent across our site.
In addition to everyone receiving an address, we’re also rolling out a new setting that gives people the choice to decide which addresses they want to show on their timelines.
Ever since the launch of timeline, people have had the ability to control what posts they want to show or hide on their own timelines, and today we’re extending that to other information they post, starting with the Facebook address.