Attended the BlackBerry Playbook event yesterday. Lots of celebrities and RIM guests. The question that everyone wanted to know is the availability of Blackberry Playbook.
Blackberry Playbook will be available end of this month. If you are heading for the PC Show, you should be able to get some special promotion or pre-register. Some hot questions and answers:
Q: When will the BlackBerry PlayBook be available in Singapore?
The PlayBook will be available for customers to pick-up within the month. Our partners will enable customers to pre-register a PlayBook from tomorrow, 9th June 2011.
Q: Where will the BlackBerry PlayBook be sold?
We are working with our carrier partners, distributers and retailers to make sure that the PlayBook, as well as many authentic cases and accessories, will be accessible for users to try out and buy throughout the country.
Shortly, you will see a number of our partners in Singapore offer the ability to preregister and pre-order the BlackBerry PlayBook. A comprehensive list of retailers will be available through our website at: http://sg.blackberry.com/playbook/wheretobuy/
Q: What is the RRP of the BlackBerry PlayBook?
Promotions from our partners will run at Singapore’s PC Show, in key newspapers and magazines, as well as in stores. A comprehensive list of retailers will be available through our website at: http://sg.blackberry.com/playbook/wheretobuy/
1. Ultra portable, ultra thin and super convenient for both work and play – Measuring less than half an inch thick and weighing less than a pound, the BlackBerry PlayBook features a vivid 7” high resolution display that looks and feels great in your hand
2. Multitasking powerhouse – Its groundbreaking performance is jointly fueled by a 1 GHz dual-core processor and the new BlackBerry Tablet OS which supports symmetric multiprocessing, to provide users with true multitasking and a highlyresponsive
and fluid touch screen experience for apps and content services.
3. Uncompromised Web Browsing – With support for Adobe® Flash® Player 10, Adobe® Mobile AIR® and HTML-5, the BlackBerry PlayBook provides customers with an uncompromised, high-fidelity web experience and offers them the ability to enjoy all of the sites, games and media on the web.
4. High Performance Multimedia – Includes dual HD cameras for video capture and video conferencing, an HDMI-out port for presenting one’s creations on external displays, rich stereo sound and a media player that rivals the best in the industry.
5. BlackBerry Integration – It will also be possible to pair the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet and BlackBerry smartphone using a secure Bluetooth® connection (BlackBerry Bridge) to allow users to seamlessly and securely view email, PIM and BBM™ content that resides on (or is accessible through) their smartphone.
6. Enterprise Ready – BlackBerry PlayBook is enterprise ready and compatible (out-of-the-box) with BlackBerry® Enterprise Server (via BlackBerry Bridge – secure Bluetooth pairing and VPN support). When connected via BlackBerry Bridge, the smartphone’s email and PIM content (BIS and BES) is viewable on the tablet. Users can also respond to messages, etc. The content actually remains
stored on the BlackBerry smartphone and is only temporarily cached on the tablet (and subject to IT policy controls if the smartphone is on a BES). When the BlackBerry Bridge connection is broken all that data is wiped off the BlackBerry PlayBook.
7. QNX Neutrino Reliability – The BlackBerry Tablet OS is built upon the QNX® Neutrino® microkernel architecture, one of the most reliable, secure and robust operating system architectures in the world.
8. An OS Built for Developers – The Neutrino based microkernel architecture in the BlackBerry Tablet OS delivers exceptional performance, high scalability, Common Criteria EAL 4+ security, and support for industry standard tools that are already familiar to hundreds of thousands of developers.
*Bluetooth support required.
Ultra portable, super convenient
- Height: 5.1”/130mm
- Width: 7.6”/194mm
- Depth: 0.4”/10mm
- Weight: 0.9lbs/425g
- 7” LCD display, 1024 x 600 screen resolution
- Multi-touch capacitive screen
Professional grade performance
- Full computing power in tablet format
- 1 GHz dual-core processor
- 1 GB RAM
- Symmetric multi-processing
Web without limits
- Games, media, apps and everything the real Internet offers
- Full Adobe® Flash® 10.1 enabled
- Built-in support for HTML 5
- No-compromise rendering of text, graphics and video
- 3G network access using your BlackBerry® smartphone as a modem
- Wi-Fi® 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR
Amplified BlackBerry experience
- Wirelessly connect to your BlackBerry® smartphone for real time access to:
- Email, calendar, address book, task list and BBM™
- 3 MP high-definition forward-facing camera
- 5MP high-definition rear-facing camera
- Codec support for superior media playback, creation and video calling
- 1080p HD video; H.264, MPEG4, WMV HDMI video output
- Micro USB and Micro HDMI ports
- Crystal clear HD display
- Rich stereo sound
- Dual HD video cameras
Built for business
- Out-of-the-box compatibility with BlackBerry® Enterprise Server
- Seamless pairing for a secure window into your BlackBerry® smartphone
- Corporate data access
- Secure and manageable
BlackBerry Tablet OS
- Powerful, user friendly QNX technology: It’s what the World Wide Web runs on
- Multi-processing for true multitasking
Rich application ecosystem
- Rapid development environment
- Reliable BlackBerry Tablet OS, powered by QNX technology
- Supports POSIX OS, SMP, Open GL, BlackBerry® 6, WebKit, Adobe Flash,
- Java® and Adobe Mobile AIR
Unfortunately, the “where to buy” link is not working. I will check with them.