While I was thinking that today’s Sony Ericsson’s announcement on their “What’s Next” website will be an Android phone, I never expect that it will be named X10. During these few weeks (or days or months), we have been hearing X3 as the Rachael phone. Now, it is official that Sony Ericsson launches an Android Phone with the name, X10. Period.
The specs is pretty amazing. 4-inch Screen, Capacitive Touch Screen, 1 GHz Snapdragon Processor, UI with the name Rachael.
- Size: 119.0 x 63.0 x 13.0 mm (4.7 x 2.5 x 0.5 inches
- Weight: 135.0 g (4.8 oz)
- Screen: 480 x 854 pixels WVGA (4-inch), 16,536 color TFT touchscreen
- Available colours: Sensuous Black, Luster White
- Memory: Phone memory 1GB, SanDisk microSD™ up to 16GB, 8GB included
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900/UMTS/HSPA 900/1700/2100
- Auto focus – Automatic focus for optimal clarity.
- Camera – 8.1 megapixel – Capture and share special moments.
- Digital Zoom – up to 16x – Get close to your subject.
- Face recognition – Your phone automatically recognizes up to five faces in your picture.
- Flash / light type – Photo light
- Geo tagging – Have your photo tagged with information on where it was taken.
- Image stabiliser – avoid blurriness caused by slight hand movements.
- Send to web – Catch moments with your camera and send straight to your personal web site or blog.
- Smile detection – Let the camera automatically snap the shot when your subject flashes a smile.
- Video light – More light when shooting video.
- Video record – Record video clip
- Album art – Choose music by browsing CD album arts or other images
- Bluetooth™ stereo (A2DP) – music from phone to headset over a wireless connection.
- Media Player – An in-phone media player for music and video
- Music tones – MP3, AAC (Music tones, also called master tones, are DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected music by original artists. Various digital audio formats are supported).
- Web browser – WebKit (Full Internet browser with support for standard protocols, images and video).
- Web feeds
- 3D games – Enjoy quality games with full color and depth.
- Media – Media content in one place for fast and easy access.
- Video Clip – Video clip viewing and transfer to another phone or PC
- Video streaming – Realtime video streaming, e.g. live cam
- aGPS – Utilise GPS powered location based services.
- Bluetooth™ technology – Secure wireless connectivity for transferring items to other Bluetooth™ products up
- to a range of 10 meters.
- Google Maps™ – Find your way to your destination.
- Synchronisation PC – Synchronise and share phone content with PC
- USB support – PC to phone USB cable support
- Email: – Built-in email client with inbox, outbox, compose, send and other functions
- Exchange ActiveSync® – Stay seamlessly synchronized with your Microsoft® Exchange email server.
- Picture messaging (MMS)
- Colourful multimedia messaging – Predictive text input
- Fast and easy text messaging
- SMS long (Text Messaging)
- Sony Ericsson Timescape™
- All your communication with one person in one place.
- Speaker phone – Loudspeaker suitable for using the phone as an office handsfree
- Vibrating Alert
- Auto rotate – Switch from vertical to horizontal mode by rotating the phone. Whatever you are viewing will rotate to suit.
- Gesture Control – Silence call or alarm by simple moving your hand across camera lense
- Picture wallpaper
- Alarm clock – Set a time, and your phone will ring at that time
- Calculator – Built-in fully functional calculator
- Calendar – Fully functional calendar with day, week and month views and reminders
- Flight mode – Disable the radio receivers and transmitters in your phone so you can safely use other functions.
- Infinite button – Just one press to all about your friends or all the artist info you need.
- Phone book – Store names and phone numbers