DJI launches the latest DJI OM 5 smartphone gimbal and it has a feature that sets other smartphone gimbals apart. Comparing to OM 4, the weight of OM 5 is lighter and it has upgraded its active tracking to Active Tracking 4.0.
Previously, DJI introduces smartphone gimbals as Osmo Mobile but recently, they have shortened it to just OM. The DJI OM 5 is currently available for purchase at USD160 on the DJI website in 2 colors (Athens Gray, Sunset White).
So, what sets this OM 5 from other smartphone gimbals. It has a built-in extension rod that, in my opinion, is super useful.
In the package, it comes together with a grip tripod. Here are the details in the package.
And as mentioned, it is even lighter than the previous model. Here is a comparison between DJI OM 5 and DJI OM 4 SE.
Check out the introductory video.
Here are the full specifications of the DJI OM 5.
- Gimbal Dimensions:
- Unfolded: 264.5×111.1×92.3 mm
- Folded: 174.7×74.6×37 mm
- Gimbal: 292 g
- Magnetic Phone Clamp: 34 g
- Max Length of Built-in Extension Rod: 215 mm
- Compatible Phone Weight: 230 ± 60 g
- Compatible Phone Thickness: 6.9-10 mm
- Compatible Phone Width: 67-84 mm
- Type: Pouch Cell
- Capacity: 1000 mAh
- Energy: 7.74Wh
- Voltage: 6-8.8 V
- Charging Temperature: 5° to 40°C (41° to 104°F)
- Operating Temperature: 0° to 40°C (32° to 104°F)
- Operating Time: 6.4 hrs (under ideal conditions with the gimbal fully balanced)
- Charging Time: 1.5 hrs (measured with a 10W charger)
- Gimbal Charging Port: USB-C
- External Device Charging Port: No.
- Universal Mount: 1/4″ Threaded Hole
- Power Consumption: 1.2 W (under ideal conditions with the gimbal fully balanced)
- Mechanical Range
- Pan: -161.12° to 172.08°
- Roll: -127.05° to 208.95°
- Tilt: -101.46° to 229.54°
- Max Control Speed: 120° /s
- Model: Bluetooth Low Energy 5.0
- App: DJI Mimo
- Gimbal Dimensions
- Length: 138 mm
- Diameter: 32 mm
- Weight: 72 g
If you have not owned an electronic stabilizer or gimbal, the DJI OM 5 might be a good choice.