If you are looking for the cheaper option of 5G smartphone and tablet from Samsung, check out the Samsung Galaxy A22 5G and the Galaxy Tab A7 Lite. If you have Samsung’s latest Samsung Galaxy Watch, do update the firmware to get the latest features – Blood Pressure Measurement, Electrocardiogram Monitoring (ECG), and Blood Oxygen Levels (SPO2) via the Samsung Health Monitor app.
Samsung Galaxy A22 5G
The Galaxy A22 5G a very affordable smartphone with 5G. Here are the key specs.
- Boasting a 6.6-inch FHD+ Infinity-V display, high-resolution screen and 5G connectivity, the Galaxy A22 5G lets you enjoy your favourite content with no interruptions.
- The Samsung Galaxy A22 5G enriches your streaming and gaming experience with a 90Hz refresh rate and 5,000mAh battery that’s designed for hours of fast-moving game play.
- Featuring a 48MP main camera, 5MP ultra-wide camera, 2MP depth camera, and 8MP front camera, you can easily snap shots and take selfies like a pro.
- With One UI Core 3.1, the Galaxy A22 5G is designed so that you can be productive, creative and comfortable every day.
Local Pricing and Availability
The Galaxy A22 5G will be available in Singapore from 22 June, Tuesday, at selected local telecommunication operator (Singtel), major consumer electronics & IT stores, online stores (Samsung Online Store, Lazada and Shopee), as well as Samsung Experience Stores at a recommended retail price of $328. The Galaxy A22 5G is available in Gray, Mint and Violet.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite
- Slim bezels around the 8.7-inch display  and powerful Dual Speakers with Dolby Atmos on Galaxy Tab A7 Lite bring you closer to your favourite movies, shows or games.
- With up to 64GB of internal storage, expandable up to 1TB with a MicroSD card, there’s plenty of space for everything you love.
- Equipped with long-lasting battery and 15W Adaptive Fast Charging, the Galaxy Tab A7 Lite is great for catching up on content or finishing up a game on-the-go.
- Shape a safe environment for your child to explore the digital world with Samsung Kids. With family-friendly activities to both entertain and encourage them to learn, enrich your child’s learning in a secure environment while keeping tabs on their playtime, the content they view, and even the apps they access.
- Galaxy Tab A7 Lite users will also receive 2-months free trial of YouTube Premium – putting hours of ad-free entertainment at your fingertips.
- Work seamlessly with your ecosystem of Galaxy devices – from your phone to your earbuds.
- Take calls and send and receive text messages through your Samsung account on the Galaxy Tab A7 Lite, even when your smartphone is out of reach.
- Enjoy easy transition from browsing on your phone to your Galaxy Tab A7 Lite via Samsung Internet.
- If you’re listening to music or watching a video on your Galaxy Tab A7 Lite and need to take a call on your smartphone, your connected Galaxy Buds can automatically switch over to your other device.
Local Pricing and Availability
The Galaxy Tab A7 Lite is available in Singapore from 19 June, Saturday, at selected local telecommunication operators (M1 and Singtel), major consumer electronics & IT stores, online stores (Samsung Online Store, Lazada and Shopee), Samsung Education Store as well as Samsung Experience Stores. The Galaxy Tab A7 Lite is available in Gray.
|Galaxy Tab A7 Lite LTE||64GB||$298|
|Galaxy Tab A7 Lite Wi-Fi||32GB||$228|
From 19 June to 1 August, consumers who purchase the Galaxy Tab A7 Lite will be entitled to a complimentary Mickey Mouse Design for Kids cover (worth $68).
The following Galaxy Tab A7 Lite accessories will also be available to complement the device:
|Micky Mouse Design for Kids||–||$68|
|Book Cover||Gray, Silver||$68|
More health tracking now available on Galaxy Watch3 and Galaxy Active2
These are the additional health tracking.
Samsung is making it easier for those seeking to cultivate better health and well-being habits with the launch of its mobile-device medical application, the Samsung Health Monitor app, in Singapore. The Samsung Health Monitor app will feature additional tracking for blood pressure, electrocardiogram (ECG) measurements and Blood Oxygen, allowing users to stay informed about their health wherever they go, and whenever they wish.
To take blood pressure, ECG measurements and Blood Oxygen levels, users must have the Samsung Health Monitor app installed on the Galaxy Watch3 and their Galaxy smartphone. The Samsung Health Monitor app will automatically install when users update their Galaxy smartwatch to the latest version via the Galaxy Wearable app. The Samsung Health Monitor app will be available in Singapore from 19 June, Saturday.
Blood Pressure Measurement
High blood pressure is commonly linked to brain, kidney and heart diseases, and if left untreated, could potentially lead to a stroke or coronary heart diseases. Galaxy smartwatches will be able to measure blood pressure via the Samsung Health Monitor app to provide users with deeper insight into their health and allow them to make more informed decisions about their lifestyles.
The device measures blood pressure through pulse wave analysis, which is tracked with the Heart Rate Monitoring sensors. The programme then analyses the relationship between the calibration value and the blood pressure change to determine the blood pressure.
An ECG is a simple test that can be used to check your heart’s rhythm and electrical activity to monitor conditions that affect the heart, including Atrial Fibrillation (AFib), a common form of abnormal heart rhythm. AFib is often the cause of heart complications, including blood clots, failure, or stroke.
The ECG function works by analysing the heart’s electrical activity via a sensor on the Galaxy smartwatch. Simply open the Samsung Health Monitor app, rest your forearm on a flat surface and lightly place a fingertip from the opposite hand on the top button on the smartwatch for 30 seconds. The app will then measure your heart rate and rhythm, which will be classified as either a Sinus Rhythm (a normal, regular heartbeat) or AFib (when the heart beats irregularly).
Blood Oxygen Levels
Blood oxygen (SpO2) tracking will now also be available on Galaxy Watch3. Keeping track of your blood oxygen levels can provide an indication of how effectively your blood is carrying oxygen throughout your body, which in turn can tell you whether you’re breathing effectively.
The Galaxy Watch3 use red LED and infrared rays to estimate your SpO2 levels, or the amount of oxygen in your bloodstream. Since the oxygen saturation is directly linked to physical performance, use your Galaxy smartwatch to push your routine to the next level.
1 Screen measured diagonally as a full rectangle without accounting for the rounded corners. Actual viewable area is less due to the rounded corners and camera cut out.
2 A 15W fast charging travel adapter is sold separately.
3 For new users only (Not eligible for users of past trials of YouTube Premium, YouTube Music Premium, YouTube Red or Google Play Music). Available for redemption via the YouTube app on eligible devices from now till 5 March 2022. Terms and conditions apply.
4 Call and text on other devices feature availability varies by country and service provider.
5 Continue apps on other devices is available on Galaxy smartphones and tablets running One UI 3.1 or above. Feature availability may vary by device model.
6 Feature only supported by Galaxy Buds Pro, Galaxy Buds+ and Galaxy Buds Live. Available for any Galaxy devices running One UI 3.1 or above.
7 Only applicable for the Galaxy Tab A7 Lite.
8 Complimentary gifts are while stocks last, and not exchangeable for cash or other items. Samsung reserves the right to substitute the gifts at its sole discretion without prior notice. Other terms & conditions apply.
9 Samsung Galaxy Watches are certified for BP and ECG under HSA (Health Science Authority) in Singapore as a medical application.
1 The Samsung Health Monitor is a mobile-device medical application with intended usage with compatible Samsung wearable device and compatible Samsung Galaxy phone to create, record, store and display bio-signal. Users with any existing medical condition or risk factor should consult a qualified healthcare professional before commencing any BP and ECG activities.
11 Requires Galaxy smartphone, running Android 7.0 OS or above, and Galaxy Watch Active2 or upcoming Galaxy Watch device(s) to be paired.
12 Users should measure their blood pressure when at rest, as they would do with a traditional cuff, and refrain from measuring when they are working out, smoking or drinking. The blood pressure measurement or Samsung Health Monitor app cannot diagnose hypertension, other conditions, or check for signs of a heart attack. It is not meant to replace traditional methods of diagnosis or treatment by a qualified healthcare professional.
13 The ECG recording or Samsung Health Monitor app never looks for signs of a heart attack. It is not intended to replace traditional methods of diagnosis or treatment by a qualified healthcare professional.
14 SpO2 is defined as saturation of percutaneous oxygen. Normal levels in humans are measured at approximately 95-100%. Factors like vigorous exercise, the amount of oxygen in the air, your elevation, and various health conditions can all result in lower readings.