Creative Technology announces its latest product, the Creative SXFI AIR GAMER. It is an over-ear wireless headset specifically made for gamers but is also a good accessory for daily usage.
Here is a true story. In 2019, when I got hold of the Creative SXFI AIR, my friend got interested and bought one for his son to play games. Well, you might know the results. He stopped using it after a while because at that time, Creative SXFI AIR is not meant for gamers and he felt that the mic is not good enough.
Now, you can enjoy the Super X-FI sound or Holographic Audio without compromising on gameplay. With its detachable CommanderMic microphone, I am sure gamers would appreciate the communication portion during gaming.
Here is an overview of the features of Creative SXFI AIR GAMER.
- Audio Processing: Super X-Fi, SXFI BATTLE Mode
- Interface: 3.5 mm Stereo Input, Bluetooth 5.0, microSD Card: up to 32GB, FAT32 file system, USB-C
- Product Type: Wireless Headset
- Weight: 338g (with NanoBoom Mic)
- Color: Black
- Frequency Response: 20–20,000 Hz
- Driver: 50 mm (1.97 inches) Neodymium magnet
- Battery Type and Life: Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery, Up to 11 hours
- Bluetooth Operating Frequency: 2402-2480 MHz
- RF Power: Bluetooth – 1.70mW, Bluetooth Low Energy – 1.71mW
- Audio Codec: SBC
- Operating Range: Up to 10m / 33 ft
- Wearing Style: Over-ear
- Impedance: <2.2kohms
- Frequency Response: 100–16000 Hz (CommanderMic)
- Frequency Response: 100–8000 Hz (NanoBoom Mic)
- Sensitivity: @ 1 kHz: -42 dB (CommanderMic)
- Sensitivity: @ 1 kHz: -38 dB (NanoBoom Mic)
- Technology: SXFI InPerson®
- Controls: Super X-Fi, Power on/off, Source, Touch controls (playback/track controls, Volume, call handling), GamerChat, Bluetooth pairing
- RGB Ear-Cup Rings: Choose from 16 million colors
- Ear Pads: Perforated Protein Leather with memory foam
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows® 10, Mac OS X v10.13 and above
- Supported Gaming Consoles: PlayStation® 4 via USB-A with bundled adapter or 3.5mm 4-pole audio cable (via PS4 controller audio adapter), Xbox One™ via 3.5mm 4-pole audio cable (via Xbox controller audio adapter), Nintendo Switch via USB-C in hand held mode or USB-A with bundled adapter on dock or 3.5mm 4-pole audio cable, Android Mobile devices via USB-C
Creative SXFI AIR GAMER is priced at S$199 and is available at Creative.com. Or you can check out more details on it with the link below.
Check out the Press Release below for more information.
Creative SXFI AIR GAMER: The All-In-One
Latest Hybrid Wireless USB Holographic Headphones Offers Lag-Free USB Audio for Gaming and Movies; Wireless Audio for Music, and Wizardries for Calls
SINGAPORE – 6 Apr, 2021 – Creative Technology today announced the release of Creative SXFI AIR GAMER, which incorporates the best features of the SXFI AIR and SXFI GAMER for the most versatile Super X-Fi headphones yet. With Bluetooth 5.0 and USB-C connectivity, the SXFI AIR GAMER offers users the best of both worlds – wire-free music enjoyment, and lag-free movie and gaming when plugged to PC or consoles. It also comes with a slew of wizardries that improve voice communication, be it in games, work conference calls, or online lessons.
Other features include intuitive touch control function on the earcup, the CommanderMic microphone with professional-grade clarity, and the SXFI BATTLE Mode audio profile to deliver the optimal experience for avid gamers. It is fitted with a Kevlar-reinforced USB cable for greater durability and plush oversized earpads for longer-lasting comfort.
Great for Movie and Music, Even Better for Gaming
Designed with high-quality 50 mm Neodymium Drivers, the SXFI AIR GAMER delivers rich, vivid details with exceptional clarity and powerful bass for an immersive experience powered by Super X-Fi, the award-winning technology which delivers high-definition holographic audio as though there is a high-end multi-speaker system set up within the headphones.
These hybrid wireless USB headphones also feature the new SXFI BATTLE Mode, a specially-designed audio profile that offers a better gaming experience for users with precise audio cues, distance projection, and directionality to provide gamers an edge when playing firstperson-shooter games.
Wizardries of Voice Technologies
Sporting the latest CommanderMic that showcases a unique acoustic design with an integrated pop filter and SXFI inPerson Microphone Technology, the SXFI AIR GAMER offers better noise suppression while amplifying the voice pick-up for clearer and better communication. With the audio realism of Super X-Fi, it is also an ideal headset for work conference calls and e-learning at home, as users would feel they are in front of the other party within the same room.
Making its debut, the all-new GamerChat technology allows users to experience the Super XFi holographic audio effects not only for gameplay but also mobile chat via Bluetooth. With this feature, users can simultaneously pick-up incoming calls without having to remove their headphones and be able to jump right back into the action with no interruptions to the gameplay. It also works well with gaming platforms like Nintendo Switch that does not
typically support in-game communications.
For All-Day Comfort
Fitted with new protein leather earpads that are plush to the touch, the SXFI AIR GAMER brings the comfort level up a few notches from previous models. The earpads are perforated for better breathability, and are oversized for more ear room and better cushioning. All of these will help to reduce headphone fatigue, even with long hours of use.
An Abundance of Accessories
The SXFI AIR GAMER comes with:
- Custom-designed Kevlar-reinforced USB-C cable, meticulously engineered for greater durability and strength
- 3.5mm line-in cable, that allows users to connect to any legacy audio source to be enhanced with Super X-Fi
- CommanderMic, mainly for gaming and conference calls
- NanoBoom microphone as an alternative to the longer CommanderMic
- A USB-C to USB-A adapter is also included for connection to older USB-A devices
With an intricate design, comfort, excellent audio quality, and versatile connectivity, the Creative SXFI AIR GAMER has all the makings of the ideal all-rounder headphones for gaming, music and movies, as well as work conference calls and e-learning.
Pricing and Availability
Creative SXFI AIR GAMER is priced at S$199 and is available at Creative.com.
For more information, visit http://creative.com/sxfiairgamer
Creative is a worldwide leader in digital entertainment products. Famous for its Sound Blaster® sound cards and for driving the multimedia revolution – which established a user base of 400 million – Creative drives digital entertainment with cutting-edge audio solutions that include premium wireless speakers, wireless headphones, powerful audiophile-grade digital amplifiers and next-generation home-theatre systems. Aiming at the new mobile networked generation by bridging the worlds of the computer, smartphones, and tablets, Creative continues to reinvent the Sound Blaster, with its ground-breaking Sound Blaster Roar series and USB-audio class of products such as the Sound Blaster X7.
In 2016, Creative unveiled the X-Fi Sonic Carrier: a brand-new concept in hi-res audio and video delivery for home entertainment. This technology powerhouse dubbed ‘the soundbar of the gods’ personifies the Audio of Tomorrow.
In 2018, Creative launched an all-new game-changing technology for headphones called Super X-Fi® Headphone Holography. This technology uses computational audio to recreate the listening experience of a high-end multispeaker system in a professional studio, and delivers the same expansive experience – with the same original depth, detail, realism, and spaciousness – in headphones. Super X-Fi further uses Artificial Intelligence to compute a custom audio profile based on a person’s unique anthropometry. Super X-Fi has won multiple accolades worldwide, including an unprecedented 23 awards at CES 2019-2020.
This announcement relates to products launched in Singapore. Availability is subject to change without notice and may differ elsewhere in the world according to local factors and requirements. Creative, the Creative logo, Sound Blaster and Super X-Fi are trademarks or registered trademarks of Creative Technology Ltd in the Singapore and/or other countries. The Bluetooth® word mark and logo are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Creative Technology Ltd is under license. All rights reserved.