In two days, I believe everyone will be rushing to the cinemas in Singapore to watch Star Wars Episode 9: The Rise of Skywalker. However, it would be wise to watch the first 8 episodes. Don’t you think so?
The Star Wars movies span over 40 years (wow!!). If you are a fan, I am sure you have watched all of them and for some, multiple times.
I remembered watching the first Star Wars movie in my school hall. It was awesome! Always love the scrolling text intro.
Interestingly, Star Wars did not start from Episode 1. Instead, it started in 1977 as Episode 4 (or IV) – A New Hope and continue to Episode 6 (VI) in 1983.
And the prequel trilogy starts only from 1999 as Episode 1 (or I) – The Phantom Menace and continue till Episode 3 (or III) in 2005.
Then the sequel trilogy continues from 2015 as Episode 7 (or VII) till Episode 9 (or IX) in 2019 which should conclude the Skywalker saga.
Here is the list of all the episodes and the year it was shown.
- Episode I – The Phantom Menace (1999)
- Episode II – Attack of the Clones (2002)
- Episode III – Revenge of the Sith (2005)
- Episode IV – A New Hope (1977)
- Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
- Episode VI – Return of the Jedi (1983)
- Episode VII – The Force Awakens (2015)
- Episode VIII – The Last Jedi (2017)
- Episode IX – The Rise of Skywalker (2019)
To allow yourself to be prepared for the finale in Episode IX – The Rise of Skywalker, here is a video showing the trailers from Episode 1 to 8. Enjoy.
You can also head down to Wikipedia to read through the long list of information on Star Wars. Are you excited already?