Creative Labs has done it again in creating something extraordinary in audio. Introducing the SXFI Amp, a tiny electronic device that can produce audio that matches premium speakers and at a fraction of the cost.
The magic is that, together with your smartphone (Android) and app, it maps individual’s head and ear locations and based on computation and algorithm, it will custom fit audio into your ears. What you will hear is holographic audio. I have yet to try it but have already ordered one.
It works with: –
- Android Phones
- Windows PC
- Nintendo Switch™
It is connected via USB-C. If you need to connect to USB-A or Micro-USB, you may need to purchase adapters for it.
On the other side, you can a 3.5mm jack. You can connect your favorite earpiece or earphone to it but Creative recommends using Super X-FI certified headphones as the best option.
HOW IT WORKS
Super X-Fi is computational audio; it uses complex algorithms and computationally intensive techniques to custom fit audio, for every individual, through a sophisticated Head and Ear-Mapping process. This is done by simply taking three photos of your face and ears with your phone.
Here is a picture to show the mapping.
Currently, the SXFI Amp only works on Android and ships to Singapore only. If you are staying in Singapore, you can order yours now.
CLICK HERE TO GET S$20 Discount
For overseas order, you can reserve it and I believe it will start shipping from November 2018.
The cost is SGD 219 (but you can get S$20 discount via this link) and early adopters can get a FREE Aurvana SE Super X-Fi Certified high-performance over-the-ear headphones worth S$99.
Here are the specs
- DAC: AKM AK4377
- SNR: Up to 120 dB
- SUPPORTED INPUT FORMAT: 2.0/5.1/7.1 channel, 24 bit/96 kHz
- THD + N: Up to -110 dB (0.0003%)
- IMD: < 0.0022%
- CROSSTALK: < -75 dB
- GAIN: 3X
- MAX POWER (16 ohm): 425 mW
- MAX POWER (32 ohm): 370 mW
- MAX POWER (300 ohm): 51 mW
- MAX POWER (600 ohm): 26 mW
- PC / Macs: Windows 10 Creator’s Update (ver. 1703), macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Linux
- CONSOLES: PS4, Nintendo Switch
- MOBILE: Android 7.0 and above only
- USB: Low-jitter Asynchronous USB UAC2, No drivers required
- PRODUCT TYPE: Wired
- CHASSIS: Aluminium Unibody
- FINISH: Matte-Black Fine-Textured Anodized
- DIMENSIONS: (mm) 9.7 (D) x 17.5 (W) x 67 (H), (in) 0.4 (D) x 0.7 (W) x 2.6 (H)
- WEIGHT: 15 g, 0.5 oz
- CONNECTOR: (Input) USB Type-C , (Output) 3.5 mm jack
Here is how small the SXFI Amp is.
For iPhone users, do not be disappointed as there is another option – SXFI Air that is coming soon.
You can reserve yours now. Not sure about the shipping date though.
Click Here if You Want to Know More About the Technology of the SXFI Amp
Click Here to Get the S$20 Discount
Disclaimer: The S$20 Discount link is a referral link which you will get S$20 off the purchase and I will get S$20 as rewards.