Recently, when I was trying out Samsung GALAXY S5, I was very impressed that you can just say “Ok Google” on the main menu and it will work. I tried to do it on my HTC One (M7) and as expected, it doesn’t work. Today, I just realized (from another post) that it is so simple to activate it. Want to learn?
Here are the steps: –
- Go to Google Search App
- Do a search on “Ok Google Everywhere“
- Go to settings on Google Search App
- You should see “Ok Google” Detection option.
- Select “Ok Google” Detection
- You should be able to see “From any screen” and “From lock screen” option.
- If options are not selectable, you might want to change the language to one that is supported.
- Select one of them will lead you to an agreement page.
- Select “Agree” after reading it.
- Train your device to understand your “Ok Google” command.
That is it. You can say “Ok Google” anywhere on your device now. Try it!
Update: You can check your settings in your Google Search App first. The option might already be activated. As for Android 4.3, I could not see this “From any screen” option after following the above steps.