I have been hearing this lens camera for some time. Finally, I can piece up the images and specs (sort of) in this blog post. First of all, this Sony QX Smart Shot lens camera is like an accessory for your smartphones (iOS or Android).
It can be connected via WiFi or NFC and based on the leaks, there are two options. One has lens like Sony WX150 and the other like the recent Sony RX100 II.
Sony QX10 LensCamera (I copied exactly from the source)
1) The name of these cameras is actually “Smart Shot“. It’s a mix between Smart-phone and Cyber-Shot.
2) The SmartShot lenses have in lens stabilization!
3) Again, it’s compatible with all Android and iOS devices via Playmemories APP (the new version will come out soon. My sources tested the BETA version). Connection via Wi-Fi/NFC
4) Videos in HD video 1080/30p, format MP4. Can be recorded with low noise even in dark places.
5) The captured image is saved automatically in both the smartphone and memory in the camera.
6) You can control zoom, exposure, white balance, and focus on your mobile device.
7) The QX10 has the same 1/2,3 inch 18 megapixel CMOS sensor and f/3,3-5.9 lens as the Sony WX150 ($400 on Amazon). WIll be priced at $250.
Here are different views of the QX10 LensCamera.
Actually, I am more interested in this QX100 which has similar lens specs as the Sony RX100 II.
Here is another view
And here is some information (copied from same source) on the QX100
8) The QX100 costs $450. That is $300 less than the price of the RX100MII camera ($748 here at Amazon) that features the same sensor and lens! Greta pricing! You can get the best compact camera yet on market for $300 less.
If the rumor is true, Sony will make announcement on 4th September. I am so looking forward to this series of camera. Now, my smartphone can really become a super camera with such an accessory.