WeChat has achieved a milestone when they reach 50 million user base recently. In my opinion, WeChat has placed itself as a unique product with features such as Look Around, Shake and etc. I believe many might not have used them. Do check them out. Read the Press Release for more information.
WECHAT’S USER BASE REACHES 50 MILLION GLOBALLY
- WeChat has more than 50 million overseas active users
- WeChat tops the charts as one of the most downloaded apps on iTunes, Google Play and Windows App store in Singapore
Singapore, 21 May 2013 – WeChat continues its momentum in the mobile social communications space with the announcement today that it has achieved a major milestone with 50 million registered user
In the bid to expand its user base in Singapore, WeChat also recently launched a TVC that was aired on Chinese channels such as Channel 8, Channel U, VV drama and E-City. Starring Taiwan’s super-duo, Rainie Yang and Show Luo, the TVC reflected how WeChat is designed to be convenient even in the midst of one’s busyness.
WeChat and Weixin, a sister product designed for users in Mainland China, previously announced a milestone when registered user accounts surpassed 300 million on January 15 this year. At the end of March, the combined monthly active users of WeChat and Weixin reached 194.4 million, representing a year-on-year growth rate of 228.4%. Both WeChat and Weixin are fast becoming the mobile social application of choice worldwide and are redefining communication and interaction among users in their daily lives by offering a wide spectrum of features within the application.
Popular Features Users Love about WeChat
WeChat is free to install, use and download. Users can text each other, swap voice messages with a “Hold to Talk” feature, video chat, as well as share images, music, and videos. The social networking mobile application is now available on the following operating systems: iOS, Android, Windows, Blackberry and Symbian. WeChat also comes with comprehensive privacy setting functions, which enable users to limit who they share their information with.
Key features that WeChat offer:
- Moments – Sharing photos, texts and URL links with trusted friends and contacts.
- Shake – Contact other people around the world by shaking your devices and start chatting.
- Look Around – Find people around to chat.
- Drift Bottle – Include a text or voice message in a bottle, throw it into the “sea” and wait to see who picks it up from anywhere in the world. A fun way to meet new people all around the world.
- Official Accounts – A feature that can be utilised by companies and merchants to build interactivity with their followers. Free SDK and API are available for “Official Accounts” owners and developers to develop applications on WeChat.
- Web WeChat – Chat with someone using a computer.
WeChat is an innovative mobile social communications application designed for smartphone users. WeChat is free for downloads from app stores running on iOS, Android, Symbian, BlackBerry and Windows Phone operating systems*.
WeChat users can add friends by a wide range of innovative actions and methods, including scanning QR codes, connecting users’ Facebook profiles and phone books and activating location-based functions such as “Look Around” and “Shake”. This application enhances social interaction by supporting exchanges of text, voice and video, emoticons, and photos with their friends over data networks. Users can choose to communicate on one-on-one, or within their closed social network through “Moments”.
For more information and application download, please visit: www.wechat.com
*Some features may not be available for certain operating systems due to the product development cycle.
For further information, please visit: