If you have a Windows Phone 8, most probably you cannot find WhatsApp on Windows Phone Store. However, if you owned a Windows Phone 7.5 or 7.0, you will probably able to find it. Some people are complaining that WhatsApp had been taken out of Windows Phone Store. It is NOT. After some probing, I finally managed to install WhatsApp on Windows Phone 8. Here is how to do it.
Don’t bother to search for WhatsApp on your Windows Phone 8 Store. You will not find it (at the moment of writing). To get WhatsApp to your phone: –
- First, visit WhatsApp site and go to download section and select Windows Phone OS.
- or go direct to Windows Phone store using this link (do note that you will need to make sure you are in the correct region)
- Click “Install” to push the app to your Windows Phone.
- Once done, it will automatically install the app to your Windows Phone.
- That is it.
If it cannot complete, it will send an email to you on how to install the app (This is the standard procedure).
- Follow the link in the email and you will be able to go to the WhatsApp app Windows Phone Store.
- Install the app.
Hopes that help. Have fun with WhatsApp on Windows Phone.