I believe many know that Pebble watch has made history on Kickstarter by being the highest pledged amount (as of now). Now, another Kickstarter project, MetaWatch STRATA, that is very similar to Pebble Watch is gaining steam on their pledge too.
Like the Pebble Watch, MetaWatch STRATA is built to act as a companion to your smartphone (iPhone or Android). Unlike the Pebble, MetaWatch has been around for many years. With their experience, they might have the upper hand to out a better quality watch.
It is still early to say as Pebble not yet out and there is no review of it yet. Based on the design, the MetaWatch STRATA looks nicer (my opinion).
Features & Specifications
- Multiple Watch Faces
- Caller-ID Notifications
- SMS & Email Notifications
- Facebook & Twitter Notifications
- Weather / Stock/ Calendar Widgets
- Lost Phone Alarm
- Alarms & Timers
- Music Control
- Integrated Running and Cycling App
- Handset compatibility: iPhone 4s, iPad (3), Android (various)
- Sensor compatibility: Initially, Wahoo Fitness BLE sensors for iPhone 4s
- iOS compatibility: iOS 5 (basic functionality), iOS 6 (enhanced functionality)
- Double injection molded PU, co-molded with PC body
- Mineral hardened glass lens with anti-glare coating
- Titanium finished stainless steel top ring
- 5 ATM water resistant (you can swim with it, but no diving)
- 96×96 mirror polymer network display
- Vibrating alerts
- 6 buttons
- Rechargeable (5-7 day battery life)
- Bluetooth 4.0
- 3 Axis accelerometer / ambient light sensor
Here is a video.
I don’t know what you think, I am still hopeful in getting my Pebble Watch with awesome features.