There are two highlights on the update:
- Addition of some bi-directional languages (Arabic, Farsi, Thai and Hebrew) – All products.
- Pinch/zoom touch for mobile Internet and Google Maps. – Only Xperia X10.
So, as you can see above, Xperia X8 will NOT get the multi-touch function.
And there are some more additional features to the update based on Sony Ericsson product blog.
Besides the highlights above I have been trying out the X10 with this update for a while and seen some other nice improvements, some of these can be market and operator dependant though:
- Moxier in an updated version (2.7.13) that includes a great overview widget for e-mail, calendar and tasks.
- Moxier e-mail shown in Timescape.
- Possibilities of trimming videos in the phone.
- Videos are transcoded to fit into MMS-messages even if they were recorded in high quality.
- Minor changes to Mediascape with access to “Now Playing” in the top right corner.
Finally, SE also activated ANT+ on the chipset. ANT+ is a standard for short-range communication with things like heart rate monitors etc.
The update will roll out from now but not sure when it will hit Singapore.
or take a break, watch the video on Xperia X10 demo with Multi-touch.