With the upgrade of iPhone OS 3.1.3 to iOS 4, Tom Tom has released a Press Release on their App upgrade that incorporate Multi-tasking. More information after the break.
TomTom app for iPhone now offers multi-tasking
~ Smart, easy-to-use, turn-by-turn navigation on your iPhone,
whenever and wherever you need it ~
Singapore, 30 June 2010 – TomTom, the world’s leading provider of location and navigation solutions, today announced that the latest version of the TomTom app for iPhone (Version 1.4) can now be purchased from the App Store.
The TomTom app for iPhone is compatible with iOS 4 and includes several new features including multi-tasking functionality*, which allows users to receive turn-by-turn directions while running other applications on their iPhone**.
Situation-specific multi-tasking capabilities integrated by TomTom:
- Seamless navigation while calling*** – Users can make and answer calls while navigating with the help of visual turn-by-turn instructions. With this feature, users see visual instructions even when they are on a call, so they never have to choose between a call and receiving directions to their destinations.
- Background navigation instructions* – Passengers can use and view other apps on the screen while receiving spoken turn-by-turn instructions from the TomTom app.
Version 1.4 of the TomTom app for iPhone includes new advanced features to enhance the navigation experience:
- New, Updated Tele Atlas Map of Singapore – The TomTom app comes ready to navigate with TomTom’s latest release of the industry’s most-accurate and most-up-to-date maps. TomTom users can have the confidence of knowing that the directions they receive are the most accurate and efficient. Maps come pre-installed with the app, so no data plan, mobile signal or roaming charges are required to browse the map or navigate to a destination.
- Route Sharing – Car travelers can now send details of their current location, destination and route, to their iPhone’s contacts via email. This feature provides an easy way to keep friends and family up to date of where they are, and where they are headed.
- Departure Reminder – Drivers can now receive departure reminders when they plan upcoming trips and add them to their calendar, with a prompt appearing on their iPhone when it’s time to get on the road.
- Eco-friendly Routing – Drivers can save money and reduce impact on the environment by driving with these more fuel-efficient routes. By using its advanced routing technology and the driving data of millions of TomTom users, the TomTom app can now provide a route option with a lower environmental impact.
- Car Symbols – Drivers can now personalise the car symbol on the driving screen by choosing the car icon, symbol and colour that best meets their style.
“TomTom continues to deliver innovative solutions that enable users to reach their destinations while driving more efficiently and more safely,” said Chris Kearney, Marketing Manager, TomTom Asia Pacific.
“We’re pleased to introduce the latest version of the TomTom app for iPhone upon the release of iOS 4. Now iPhone users can benefit from TomTom’s industry-leading navigation and with its new multi-tasking functionality*, also take advantage of other great iPhone features while they continue to receive uninterrupted guidance from the TomTom app,” Kearney said.
Availability and Price
The TomTom app for iPhone (Version 1.4) is available for purchase via the App Store for USD $59.99.
Current owners of the TomTom app can update to the new version for no additional charge.
TomTom app (Version 1.4) runs on OS 3.0 and iOS 4, however users should upgrade to iOS 4 to be able to take advantage of all of the new features.
* Available on iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 3rd Generation devices, running iOS 4.
** TomTom route planning and the setting of other applications should take place before commencing your journey.
*** iPhone 3GS only