Today, received a Press Release of Acer’s Liquid series Smartphone that is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor and with Android 1.6 OS. Press Release after the break.
ACER LIQUID: The Future Now
The world’s first Snapdragon™ and Android™ 1.6 smartphone
The Future has arrived with Acer Liquid
Singapore, 10 Nov 2009 – Acer introduces its new smartphone “Liquid” series: the world’s first Qualcomm Snapdragon™ processor based and world’s first Android™ 1.6 high definition smartphone. The combination of cutting-edge technologies, software innovation and an ultra-fluid user interface creates an all-new mobile experience. It is the ideal solution for users demanding the best from their devices, and in particular outstanding multimedia, web browsing, social media integration and video streaming functions. It also brings smartphone product design forward with its unique and modern style.
Finally something different
Acer Liquid is the first Wide-VGA smartphone in the market benefiting from the latest release of the Android™ 1.6 Operating System (aka Donut) and the first Android™ smartphone in the market equipped with the powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon™ processor.
This platform brings to market unique benefits for the end users and paves the way for a new wave of innovations from the developer community:
- With its High Definition capacitive touch screen (Wide-VGA), Acer Liquid offers an unparalleled experience when viewing pictures or videos. But it also holds a promise for the future: the promise of an abundance of new applications on Android™ Smart Handhelds – games, professional applications and web applets that will enrich the end user experience. Now developers can be assured that their investment will build upon a standard resolution for the years to come;
Powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon™ processor, Acer Liquid provides instant access to web pages, smooth streaming of videos or music, and instant response from popular mail, maps and search applications. The high-speed processing capability and high-speed internet access (HSPA) of Snapdragon™ brings to life the Android™ experience: no idle-time, almost instant uploads of web pages and downloads of rich multimedia contents. The developer community can now take full advantage of these capabilities to bring to market innovative applications that demand raw computing power and superior handling of 3D graphics.
Unique software enhancements
Acer Liquid also bolsters a set of unique features developed by Acer and its partners:
- Improved power management to help achieve longer battery autonomy for intense users;
- A new user interface with easy access to entertainment and web bookmarks;
- An optimized camera with geo-tagging, ISO, self-timer options and accelerated auto-focus performance;
- Exclusive Spinlets™ application providing free streaming of worldwide music and video, that can be shared with friends and family through web-posting or e-mail;
- Smart integration of Facebook™, Twitter™, Youtube™, Picasa™ and Flickr™ in the address book, with real time notification of status or content updates.
A refreshing alternative to square shapes
With ellipse curves, a choice of red, white and black colors, and a slim body shape, Liquid will please style-seeking consumers. The ergonomically designed Acer Liquid fits well in the hand, and displays a smooth finish. The fluidity of its curves gives the Acer Liquid its unique character and unconventional style.
Since its founding in 1976, Acer has constantly pursued the goal of breaking the barriers between people and technology. Focused on marketing its brand-name IT products around the globe, Acer ranks as the world’s No. 3 vendor for total PCs and No. 2 for notebooks, with the fastest growth among the top-five players. With the acquisition of ETEN and the creation of the Smart Handheld Business Group in 2008, Acer confirms its strategic commitment to supplying mobile solutions for private and professional by offering a wide range of devices, from netbooks to smartphones.
For more information on Acer smartphones, visit the site www.acer.com/mobile
© 2009 Acer Inc. Acer and the Acer logo are registered trademarks of Acer Incorporated. Other trademarks, registered trademarks and/or service marks, indicated or otherwise, are the properties of their respective owners.