You can never go wrong with red during Chinese New Year, and I believe OPPO knows very well. OPPO has launched the OPPO R9s Special Red Edition in Singapore. Besides Singapore, only China and Taiwan has this variant. Limited sets of the OPPO R9s Special Red Edition will be available from 24th January 2017 for $679. Read the Press Release for more details.
Here is the OPPO R9s specifications
OPPO R9s Red Limited Edition Specification Sheet
Celebrate Lunar New Year in style with the OPPO R9s Special Red Edition
- OPPO launches its first-ever red variant in the R series on local shores in time for the Lunar New Year -
Singapore, 25 January 2017 – OPPO is ushering in the Lunar New Year in style as it launches the OPPO R9s Special Red Edition in Singapore, making it the first country outside of China and Taiwan to receive the colour variant. Specially created to celebrate the festive occasion, the special edition R9s is the first in the R series to be decked in red, and marks the first time that OPPO has launched a red variant in Singapore.
The camera phone retains the technical specifications of its gold and rose gold variants, and sports an exclusive Sony IMX398 sensor, the all-new Dual PDAF (Phase Detection Autofocus) technology, and an extra-wide f/1.7 aperture on its rear camera.
- 16 MP front and rear cameras
- Custom 1/2.8-inch sensor (Sony IMX398)
- Extra-wide f/1.7 aperture in rear camera to capture more light
- Dual PDAF (Phase Detection Autofocus) technology to increase area of sensor’s pixel array by a 100 percent for lightning-fast focusing and clarity
The R9s introduces a new design feature in the “six-string” antenna lines, which are essentially two sets of three ultra-fine lines that replace the unsightly thick white bands that traverse the backs of most phones. The fresh look also comes paired with stronger performance than ever. The R9s is equipped to operate on six frequency ranges, dynamically choosing the best one for 4G and Wi-Fi signals. With the new design, the R9s’ body is a full 98.9% metal, with a screen-to-body ratio of 72.9 %. The R9s’ visual impact is subtle, refined and distinguished, with superb signal reception to match.
Other Key Features
- 4GB RAM and 64 GB ROM (256 GB Expandable Memory)
- Exceptionally fast (0.2 seconds) and intelligent fingerprint reader that refines over time
- 3,010 mAh battery with VOOC Flash Charge technology (low voltage fast-charging system that does not overtax phone’s internals with excess heat).
Limited sets of the OPPO R9s Special Red Edition will be available from 24 January 2017 for $679 from the following retailers:
- OPPO Concept Stores
- Suntec City Concept Store
- Suntec City Mall Tower 3, #01-627 to 630, Temasek Boulevard, Singapore 038983
- Ang Mo Kio Concept Store
- Ang Mo Kio Hub, 53 Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 #B1-10, Singapore 569933
- Chinatown Concept Store
- People’s Park Complex, 1 Park Road, #01-22, Singapore 059108
- Causeway Point Concept Store
- #03-26A, Woodlands Square, Singapore 738099
- Compass One Concept Store
- #B1-33, 1 Sengkang Square, Singapore 545078
- Geylang Concept Store
- 333 Geylang Road, Singapore 389364
- Jurong Point Concept Store
- 1 Jurong West Central 2 #B1-15, Singapore 648886
- Tampines Concept Store
- 4 Tampines Centre #03-03, Singapore 529510
- Suntec City Concept Store
OPPO is a leading global technology brand dedicated to providing consumers across the Americas, Africa, Europe, Oceania, and Asia with pioneering products that never fail to inspire and excite. At OPPO we design, manufacture, and promote our own products, combining innovative technology with unique design, to ensure our customers always receive the best.
Founded in 2004, OPPO quickly proved itself in the market with its intense obsession to details. Each OPPO product encompasses a carefully selected array of attributes to specifically cater for users, combining impressive features with elegant designs. After entering the mobile phone market in 2008, OPPO quickly expanded into overseas markets a year later and is now present in 21 markets worldwide.
For more information, please visit http://www.oppo.com/sg