Finally, LG officially announces the 5.5-inch LG Optimus G Pro with the specifications and availability. It was being leaked recently on a slide with no official confirmation. Now, with announcement, we will need to wait to get it.
At first glance, it looks like Samsung GALAXY Note II. However, the side bezel is very thin (which is nice) which makes it slightly different. Here are the partial specifications of the smartphone.
- Full HD 1080×1920 5.5-inch (440 ppi) display
- 1.7GHz quad-core Snapdragon 600 processor
- 2GB of RAM, 32GB of storage (MicroSDXC expandable)
- Removable 3,140mAh battery with wireless charging support
- 13MP rear and 2MP front cameras
- LTE connectivity
- Android 4.1.2 with LG’s latest UX customizations
The pricing is at 968,000 won or around S$1,100 or USD893. I believe more will be revealed during or before MWC (Mobile World Congress). The phone will be released in Korea with their local carriers SK Telecom, KT and LG Uplus on Wednesday. The North American launch is in Q2 along with the Japanese release. There is no mention of Singapore.
I think it will be a while since they have launched the LG Optimus G only recently in Singapore.