Today, HP made a few announcements. One of them is the HP Folio13, an Ultrabook that has a long battery life and yet thin and light in design. The HP Folio13 is expected to be available in Singapore on 16th Dec with a starting price of S$1,499.
HP Unveils Its First Business Ultrabook™, Offering Industry’s Best Battery Life
HP Folio13 designed to bridge gap between professional and personal life
Singapore, Nov. 16, 2011 – HP today introduced its first business Ultrabook™, which features a thin and light design, strong security options and a responsive solid-state hard drive for the ultimate mobile experience.
The HP Folio13 also delivers up to 9.0 hours(1) of battery life, the highest performance available among Ultrabook™ devices currently on the market.
With battery life to get you through the workday, users are no longer saddled with carrying power adapters to charge their notebook PC. Plus, a wide array of ports, including Ethernet, eliminates the need to carry cumbersome dongles. Mobile professionals can now stay productive and get through their entire business day – from home to business and back home – with only the HP Folio13.
“This category of product breaks new ground and will be a likely choice for businesses to offer to employees looking for a more consumer centric experience,” said Crawford Del Prete, Chief Research Officer, IDC. “We expect Ultrabooks™ will re-ignite interest in the small form factor PC category, and by 2015 expect 95 million Ultrabooks™ will be shipping WW annually.
Measuring less than 0.75-inch thin(2) and utilizing an ultra slim 13.3-inch diagonal high-definition (HD)(3) BrightView display, the HP Folio13 weighs just 1.50-kilos.(4)
Powered by the latest Intel® Core™ processors,(5) the HP Folio13 also includes Intel® Rapid Start technology which gets your system up and running fast to help you save time.
The HP Folio13 includes a backlit keyboard for mobile users who work in low-light conditions. A full array of ports, including RJ-45 and USB 3.0, allows users greater flexibility to connect to the information they need. The HP Folio13 also includes a solid-state drive (SSD) with 128 GB(6) of storage for fast response times and increased reliability.
The HP Folio13 features HP CoolSense technology, which uses advanced hardware and intelligent software for a noticeably cooler notebook. The notebook also includes an HP Imagepad for highly accurate, advanced multitouch gesture support.
Additional features include an HP TrueVision HD(2) Webcam for brighter, cleaner HD images, and Dolby® Advanced Audio.
Users who need a desktop-like environment or additional audio, video, network and USB connectivity can connect the HP Folio13 to the HP USB 2.0 dock.
Pricing and availability
– The HP Folio13 is expected to be available in Singapore on Dec.16 with a starting price of S$1,499.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure at the convergence of the cloud and connectivity, creating seamless, secure, context-aware experiences for a connected world. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Battery life will vary depending on the product model, configuration, loaded applications, features use, wireless functionality and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. Additional details are available at Mobile Mark07 battery benchmark: http://www.bapco.com/products/mobilemark2007.
(2) Measured at thinnest point.
(3) HD content required to view HD images.
(4) Weight will vary depending on configuration.
(5) Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing on Intel architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers, and applications enabled for Intel 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on hardware and software configurations.
(6) For SSD drive, GB = 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 30GB of system disk is reserved for system recovery software.