Finally, Twitter is rolling out image galleries. I can imagine people who has been tweeting images having the difficulties to find back that image. Now. Twitter is going to place them in a nice single place for you to view.
I guess for Singapore, it will be a long wait for it to appear. I still do not have the latest Twitter activity tab (I know some already gotten). So, I guess we will just need to wait for it to appear on our profile.
Here are some technical stuff on Gallery: -
The images included in user galleries can come from Twitter, yFrog, TwitPic, Instagram and other image sharing services supported in Twitter’s details pane.
Technical Limitations of User Galleries:
- User galleries will display up to 100 most recent images in your Tweets, in chronological order.
- Video thumbnails will not be included. Tweets with video links will not be included in user galleries.
- Images in Tweets will not be displayed if the Tweet was sent before January 1, 2010.
Navigating User Galleries:
- User galleries can be found on an individual users’ Profile page.
- Clicking on View All will open the user gallery in your current window.
- There are two different options for viewing the galleries that can be changed in the upper right-hand corner of the gallery once it’s opened:
- The grid view will show you thumbnails of all images we’re able to display.
- The detail view will show you the most recent image, complete with the body of the Tweet displayed below it and thumbnails for other images above it.
So, that means not all pictures can be seen and only pictures sent after 1st January 2010 can be displayed.