Microsoft releases an update on Zune HD. Users will now get this firmware upgrade via Zune Software. However, it seems that it is rolling out in batches. So, you will need to be patient .
Gizmodo has a list of improvements after the update.
- Faster performance in navigating web pages
- Option to render pages as Desktop or Mobile (Option in settings)
- Better Tap-To-Zoom
- Better ability to scroll when typing a message online
- Predictive Text
- Auto capitilization
- Dedicated Settings Menu
- Wider keyboard in landscape mode
- Artist bios now contain links to songs, other artists, and other albums
- Choice of seek method (presets or seek) in settings
- Apps load slightly faster, and the accuracy of the touchscreen is improved during game play.
- Apps close faster
- The power off says “slide down to power off” instead of just “Power Off”
- Faster Startup (less than 15s)
So, if you have a Zune HD, you might want to give the new software a try. Engadget has a very short video on it after the upgrade.